Bob and Jackie Douglas, owners of Tehama Oaks Vineyard & Winery, love to host wine tastings at their quaint winery located just five minutes west of Red Bluff. These special events give Bob a chance to introduce guests to his quality wines, offer tours of the facilities and explain how he crafts his award-winning wines. While Bob educates and pours tastings, Jackie serves thoughtfully created wine-paired treats to guests.
Even before opening Tehama Oaks winery in 2008, Jackie had an interest in gourmet cooking and food and wine pairing. Today, she continues to use her culinary skills to prepare flavorful appetizers and desserts for visitors to the winery. One of her most popular desserts is Tehama Oaks Vineyard & Winery Syrah Glazed Brownies – a cakey on the outside, fudgy on the inside brownie that’s topped with a red wine, chocolaty glaze.
Made with a perfect combination of Tehama Oaks Syrah and dark chocolate, these brownies are divine, decadent and are sure to be devoured. In other words, they are highly addictive!
So you can enjoy her brownies at home, Jackie is happy to share her “secret” recipe with you:Tehama Oaks Vineyard & Winery Syrah Glazed Brownies
For the Brownies:
1/4 cup Tehama Oaks Syrah
4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter, cubed
2 eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
For the Syrah Glaze:
2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons Tehama Oaks Syrah
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium pot over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth. Add the wine and whisk until fully incorporated. Remove pot from the heat.
3. Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
4. Add the sugar and vanilla. Stir.
5. Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Stir until smooth.
6. Transfer the batter to a 9x9 aluminum foil-lined baking pan and place in oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
7. While the brownies are baking, melt the semi-sweet chocolate and butter in a small pan. Once melted, whisk in the wine and set aside.
8. When the brownies are done, let them cool completely.
9. Drizzle the glaze over the brownies and spread using an offset spatula. Cut into squares.
Serve these sophisticated, sweet treats as is or top with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream. Either way, these brownies are guaranteed to satisfy, especially when accompanied by a glass of Tehama Oaks Syrah!
To order a bottle or two of Tehama Oaks Syrah, call Bob at (530) 529-2356, or visit tehamaoakswine.com.